International Tax Law
Carsten Schmid is an expert for transfer pricing. Design as well as implementation of transfer pricing projects in accordance with global and national standards are subject of his long-term experience.
His expertise also comprises:
- Global Transfer Pricing documentation projects (Master File, Local File, CbCR)
- Global restructuring projects
- Valuation of enterprises and intangible assets
- Design and implementation of global Shared Service Allocation models
- Preparation of benchmarking studies (e.g. for operating margins or royalties)
- Tax/ TP controversy (Tax/ TP audit, controversy, litigation and APA procedures)
- Experience in various industries: technical industry, pharmaceutical, food, automotive, oil & gas, logistics, medical devices
Carsten Schmid is founder of Transfer Pricing & Friends GmbH (2006) and has a Master degree in Economics (University Stuttgart-Hohenheim). Previous experience, among others, includes seven years of International Tax Law as the Head of International Tax Law in the Federation of German Industries (BDI) in Berlin.
From 2002 to 2006 Carsten acted as a lay judge at the Fiscal Court of Berlin-Brandenburg. He is German delegate of the tax committee of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in Paris and his network includes close contacts to the Business and Industry Advisory Committee to the OECD (BIAC), the EU Joint Transfer Pricing Forum (EU JTPF) at the European Commission in Bruxelles and to the German Ministry of Finance (BMF) in Berlin. Carsten Schmid is member of the European Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (EACVA).
- Various publications: e.g. in „Handbuch der Internationalen Steuerplanung“; VDMA “Steuer Aktuell”, Bloomberg, BNA
- Presentations, workshops and events: VDMA Germany, IFA Germany, University Stuttgart-Hohenheim, Chamber of Commerce.